that brings innovative drama, comedy, news and game shows to millions of Hispanic viewers
MundoFox, the new Spanish-language broadcast network from Fox International Channels and RCN Television Group of Colombia launches today with an impressive line-up of scripted dramas, news, sports, game shows and comedy.Â The launch positions MundoFox as the newest player in the underserved Hispanic media marketplace.
MundoFox is proud to have a diverse roster of quality programming that echoes the interests of the â€˜New Latinoâ€™ viewer.Â Network viewers can tune in to see such well-known stars as Marlon Moreno, Maria Adelaida Puerta and Andres Suarez in the Spanish hit â€œEl Capo.â€ The acclaimed Mexican actors Veronica Castro, Jaime Camil and Ludwika Paleta star in â€œLos Exitosos Perez.â€ Carlos Espejel, Mexican telenovela actor and comedian, and Roselyn Sanchez, Puerto Rican singer-songwriter/actress in the upcoming comedy series â€œEXPOSOSâ€ and Christopher Von Uckermann, star of the critically-acclaimed series â€œKdabra.â€ The brilliant and funny Marco Antonio Regil will host the new game show â€œMinuto Para Ganarâ€œ and every weeknight, the Peabody Award-winning journalist Rolando Nichols will anchor â€œNoticias MundoFoxâ€ at 6 p.m., the only newscast in Spanish to be produced live for both the East and the West Coast.
The MundoFox lineup includes:
- El Capo 2 â€“ the second season of one of the most successful Spanish-Language teleseries ever created, based on the story of the fictional drug lord Pedro Pablo Jaramillo, will air every weeknight at 9 (8 Central).
- Los Exitosos Perez â€“ a story where identity theft is the groundbreaking plot and where the sentimental bonds of Martin Perez are managed with a tone of comedy.
- Kdabra â€“ mystery, magic, and intrigue that gathers elements from the real and the supernatural worlds; where the enthralling mystery surrounding its main character, a 17-year-old teenager who has escaped from a dark community- triggers a series of unexpected events.
- Tiempo Final â€“ each week, the characters face aÂ dead end orÂ anÂ inevitableÂ fateÂ that will change theirÂ lives forever â€” fromÂ lovers whoÂ are exhausted by their anonymity and decide to disclose theirÂ relationship to a serial murderer whoÂ is hidingÂ under theÂ harmlessÂ image of aÂ plumberÂ orÂ a bachelor partyÂ that quickly becomesÂ one that will not be forgotten.
- Minuto para Ganar â€“ an entertainment program adapted from the wildly successful U.S. show “Minute to Win It” whereby contestants play ten challenges, each lasting one minute..
- Betty La Fea â€“ one of the most popular Spanish-Language shows ever created, for the first time in the US in half-hour versions.
- American Dad – one of the most successful animated comedies, fromÂ Family Guy creator Seth McFarlane, will air in late night.
- Las SantÃsimas â€“ the Latino version of â€œSex and the Cityâ€, following the lives of five women from different backgrounds who, in their pursuit for happiness, encounter both internal and external obstacles.
- Pobres Rico â€“ the story of a wealthy family cut off from their riches by betrayal from within.Â Fate and necessity force them into an uneasy alliance with a rival family, but love blossoms in unexpected places teaching both families lessons about trust, unity and solidarity.
- El Joe, La Leyenda â€“ a seventies period drama based on the exclusive story of music legend Joe Arroyo, a young, fun-loving but happily engaged musician, who indulges in a weekend fling with an alluring young woman, who unbeknownst to him, is the daughter of a music mogul.Â However, an unexpected series of twists and turns will conspire to bring the lovers together again years later and reignite their forbidden affair.
- Nat Geo Kids â€“ the U.S.â€™ most popular kids magazine turned TV by MundoFox including great fact-filled, fast paced kids programming originally produced by National Geographic.
- UFC-LIVE â€“ action from the premier mixed martial arts organization with the most top-ranked fighters in the world.Â Live events will air throughout the year on MundoFox.
MundoFox has already built a base of 50 affiliate stations in markets representing 80% of U.S. Hispanic households, and the network isÂ confident its groundbreaking and innovative program mix will appeal to a significant portion of the 52 million (and growing) Latinos who live in the U.S.Â MundoFox will be available on broadcast over-the-air television, as well as through cable, satellite and telco providers (for local channel number information, please visit mundofox.com or call your cable, satellite or telco provider).
Knowing that the entertainment wants and needs of American Latinos have changed and continue to evolve, MundoFox is targeting this new mindset with â€œLatino entertainment, American attitudeâ€. MundoFox is set to capture the imagination of this bi-cultural audience that lives in both the English and Spanish speaking worlds with a mix of well-produced, culturally relevant and sophisticated programming.
â€œWeâ€™ve reached a tipping point in the evolution of U.S. Spanish-language programming and the time is right for MundoFox,â€ said Emiliano Saccone, President of MundoFox.Â â€œLike we did in 1986 when we launched Fox Broadcasting, weâ€™ve read the landscape and believe the time is now. We know that while there is incredible competition in this arena, our strong line-up of inspired and creative programs, robust foundation of affiliates, internationally recognized advertisers and clear sense of direction are a formula for long-term success.â€
Demographic experts expect the burgeoning population of U.S. Latinos to reach 133 million by 2050, meaning that nearly one in three Americans will be Hispanic. Fifty percent of U.S. population growth over the past decade has come from this group with an annual spending power of $1 trillion. This number is forecast to climb to $1.5 trillion by 2015, according to Nielsen Media Research. Â Advertisers understand the power of these numbers. Toyota Motor Sales USA, Lâ€™Oreal and T-Mobile USA are among over fifty advertisers already committed to MundoFox.
MundoFox is a joint venture between Fox International Channels (FIC), News Corporationâ€™s international multi-media business, and RCN, the leading Latin American television network and production company belonging to OrganizaciÃ³n Ardila LÃ¼lle (OAL). Together, FIC and RCN currently reach over 1.2 billion households worldwide with primetime comedies, dramas and daytime series, as well as factual, sports and lifestyle programming. Additionally, both operate and program cable networks and twenty-four-hour global news channels. The new network, headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, will launch in August of 2012.
For more information, visit MundoFox online at http://us.mundofox.com/.