Who We Are
TechLatino: Latinos in Information Sciences and Technology Association (LISTA) members are dynamic, successful, and have a commitment to our mission. Members include professionals in industries such as venture capitalism, information technology, education, government/regulation, marketing, and other fields who:
- Advocate for the Latino Community in technology and volunteer to give back.
- Value our different cultures and enjoy the preservation of our dual heritage and language.
- Think mentorship of the next generation is key to the future of our community and our country.
- Believe that through networking all members can make us strong.
- Are team members and develop initiatives and programs to develop the next-generation tech entrepreneur
- Are committed to increasing opportunities to the Latino Community
- Are dedicated to the professional and personal growth of our members to cultivate leaders within our network
Why Become a Member
TechLatino: Latinos in Information Sciences and Technology Association coordinates programs and initiatives that help its members grow by providing professional development opportunities. Members benefit by building a valuable network within and outside their field, and being exposed to development and education that can be used to make an impact within their own careers. The myriad benefits are valuable and include:
TechLatino: Latinos in Information Sciences and Technology allows professionals to develop social, leadership, problem solving, and relationship building skills that can enhance client interaction and improve project performance and efficiency through opportunities such as:
- Roles serving on local/national boards and committees to build leadership skills and experience
- Developing public speaking and presentation skills at LISTA workshops
- Training in high-tech applications
- Member Discounts to LISTA’s premier leadership events and programs through strategic alliance partners such as Comptia and Microsoft
- Access to business community and government leaders
- Exclusive invitations to career expos hosted by fortune 500 leading firms and companies
- Access to the LISTA Career Center- where our sponsors post job opportunities that are specifically for LISTA members
- Access to workshops and opportunity to discuss career curriculum with leading tech school admissions staff and prep program
LISTA has a variety of programs, targeted at the specific demographics of our professional community providing the tools and insight needed to succeed, including:
Emerging Technology Leadership Summit
This Summit is our quarterly event done in different cities where LISTA has councils at. This event offers opportunities for tech professional and tech business to hone their skills, network and get to know what is on the leading edge of technology. Here Latinos learn leadership skills, training, mentoring and career advancement. through a panel discussion of visionary executives from industry leaders, exciting workshop sessions, a keynote speakers and networking reception where members build relationships with other empowered and motivated leaders
TechLatino Speakers Series — a series of workshops geared at providing leadership development and technical education
Executive Power Breakfast Series — designed specifically for mid-career and executive-level professionals with 10+ years of experience to network and exchange best practices
La Familia Tech Week held in elementary school around the country where LISTA has TechLatino Council
LISTA StackHub training on advanced technologies
LISTA provides opportunities for members to mix and meet with colleagues and potential clients who share interests in banking, business, accounting, finance, law and similar fields. LISTA membership includes invitations to our exclusive social fundraising events including:
- LISTA TechLatino Achievers Awards Gala
- Holiday Social
- Three Kings Holiday Party
- Georgia Latino Film Festival
- One-year Digital Subscription to Negocios Now, Latin Post, Latina Style, and Hispanic Executive