Program Manager, Growth & Technology Operations – HBO Max
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
HBO Max Technology, a growing global organization that aims to be the industry leader in building media technology solutions, faces an urgent need to scale, resulting in a need to augment our change management and growth planning initiatives. This role, part of the Growth & Technology Operations (GTO) team within HBO Max Technology, offers the opportunity for someone with exceptional organizational, program management and communications skills to make a significant impact in a rapidly growing and evolving organization by ensuring our Change Management and Growth Planning/Ops programs support a healthy organization and successful execution of our Objectives and Key Results.
● Change Management
○ Track and manage execution of change management campaign deliverables, supporting the leader of Change Management
○ Help with writing for change management campaigns
○ Manage the article publishing queue and editorial calendar for change management campaigns
○ Development of informal video-based change management deliverables
○ Work with highly sensitive confidential information
○ Develop project timelines, ensure the team is tracking toward appropriate milestones.
○ Provide operational support across the team including distro lists, team calendars, internal check ins, drafting and posting meeting notes, communicating assignments, tracking deadlines to ensure projects are meeting the timeline/schedules.
○ Identify potential project risks to assigned programs.
● Stakeholder Management
○ With minimal guidance, manage expectations, regular communication and ensure working groups are delivering as expected
○ Step in for leader as needed to facilitate ongoing business meetings
● Demonstrated, flawless integrity in handling sensitive information
● Experience delivering multiple projects simultaneously in a fluid environment, while managing stakeholders and working well under deadlines.
● Exceptional writing skills
● Meeting Facilitation experience
● Experience using online collaboration tools (Confluence, Miro, Asana, Google Sheets, Sharepoint, MS Teams, Slack)
● Metrics-oriented and low-ego; able to pivot if the data supports it
● Flexibly receives both well-scoped projects ready for execution and ambiguous projects in need of a solution
● Seeks self-improvement and is adaptable to suggestions and feedback; everything (and everyone) is a work in progress.
● Comfortable with rapid iteration and close collaboration
● Strong interpersonal skills, to find and execute work that involves coordinating inputs from multiple individuals, and then advocating for and socializing that work.
● Basic video editing experience
● Change management campaign experience and/or certification
● Experience with CMS-based publishing tools for corporate intranets
● Experience working in an Agile environment and/or certification
● Experience with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.